What Is Fruit Powder And Why Use it?
Fruit powder is freeze dried fruit that’s either placed in a processor, blender, or hand crushed and can be used to enhance baking in a variety of ways. It’s versatile nature is perfect for desserts, smoothies, and breakfast recipes.
It’s more of a niche food accessory mainly used by Instagram foodies and professional bakers. If you’re at all familiar with the Instagram food community you’ve probably seen donuts or other baked goods sprinkled with the mysterious substance. It adds great flavor, decoration, and even texture to your creations, and it’s just fruit so it’s natural!
Fruit Powder And Baking
Now that you know what it is, how do you incorporate it into your recipes?
Below are a collection of our best fruit powder usage suggestions!
- Sprinkle/dust/coat your desserts. This tastes delicious with cheesecakes, donuts, homemade chocolates, brownies, and cookie balls. Pictured is a truffle ball coated in strawberry fruit powder.
- Mix it into frosting. This is one of our favorite ways to enjoy fruit powder. Just mix any fruit powder flavor you want into finished frosting. We love simple vanilla buttercream frosting mixed with strawberries or bananas.
- Mix it into the batter. Take your best lemon/strawberry bar or cake recipe and add some powder to it! It shouldn’t overwhelm the batter just be speckled throughout, so use that as a guide for how much. We recommend this for cake balls too.
- Use in fillings and compotes. It’s excellent when cooking into sauces for extra flavor.
- Fold into no bake batter. For example, add to the binder of your choice (marshmallow, honey, etc.) when making rice crispy treats.
Fruit Powder can be used in many other ways besides just baking. It can be added to smoothies, or as flavoring to homemade sports drinks. Sprinkle it on yogurt, oatmeal, or any other treat you can think of.
The great part about buying freeze dried fruit from us its that its allergy friendly, non-gmo, vegan, kosher, and gluten free. There’s no worrying about adding fruit powder to your diet!