It’s that time of year again for fresh, tart, and delicious rhubarb! Nothing pairs better with rhubarb than strawberries when it comes to desserts. Here’s a recipe that uses Brothers-All-Natural Sliced Strawberry Fruit Crisps and fresh rhubarb to create a light, yet refreshing springtime dessert.
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
|Meal type||Dessert, Snack|
|Misc||Gourmet, Serve Cold|
- 6 cups Rhubarb (peeled and diced)
- 8 bags Brothers-All-Natural Sliced Strawberry Fruit Crisps
- 2 pints Fresh Strawberries (hulled and quartered)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water (or as needed)
- 12 Medium Biscuits (baked)
- 1 scoop Whipped Cream (as needed)
*Tip: to peel rhubarb, simply take a paring knife, grab a few threads at the end of the stalk and pull down toward you. It should come off in long strands. Although this step is not mandatory, it does help eliminate some of the tougher stringy texture of rhubarb. Also important: When peeling rhubarb, please make sure to wear protective clothing such as an apron. Sometimes the color from the rhubarb can spray during the peeling process.
Products used in this recipe: