Creative Freeze Dried Strawberry Recipe Ideas
Freeze dried fruits typically aren’t used by the every day baker in their recipes and how to use them is often a mystery. Keep them in your baking cabinet for a quick way to amp up your go-to recipe. Luckily, the shelf life of freeze dried fruits is around 2 years so no need to worry about them spoiling! Below are some fool proof ways to get you started:
- Add them to chocolate bark for a sweet crunch. We love drizzling white chocolate on top – Try our recipe.
- Mix them into your favorite cake, cookie, bar or cupcake batter. Add 1/2 – 1 1/2 cups of freeze dried strawberries, slightly crushed but still chunky, to the finished batter. Bake as usual and you’ve got a fancy dessert!
- Stir into frosting – This tip pairs nicely with #2. Crush the fruit crisps into a fine powder or leave some smaller pieces (your preference) and mix with strawberry frosting, vanilla frosting, or come up with your own delicious combination!
- Sprinkle on top of your treats. Get creative and dust your baked goods with strawberry powder. This is great for cupcakes, homemade chocolates, scones, donuts or cake pops!
- Make a strawberry rhubarb filling for shortcake. This is perfect for a summer BBQ or dinner party. Find the recipe here.
Freeze dried strawberries can be easily substituted into any dessert recipe for a unique twist. Strawberries are hardly the only popular fruit in baking and these tips can easily be reused for other freeze dried fruits like bananas, apples, peaches, and pears! We encourage you to keep trying out new recipes and using freeze dried fruit as a fun and tasty addition to any dessert. Let us know what you’ve come up with by tagging us on social media, leaving a comment, or contacting us on our website, www.brothersallnatural.com.
Check out our other freeze dried strawberry recipes.