Here’s a recipe that’s a blast for kids to make and eat!
Making a fruit smoothie is already easy with fruit crisps on hand, so why not involve the kids for a family friendly activity? Any freeze dried fruit flavor works brilliantly and they can be combined together for more flavor. We love to add Greek yogurt to our smoothies to create a creamy texture for our fruit crisps to be paired with. Get started with our smoothie recipe below:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup liquid of your choice
- Handful of ice cubes.
Blend this together well, then add 1-2 bags of freeze dried fruit. (Hint: We love one bag strawberry and one bag banana)
Here’s how to set up a smoothie station for your kids.
- Gather the ingredients you have at home. Get creative and use peanut butter, almond butter, honey, orange juice, pineapple juice, leafy greens, avocado, almond milk, and the list goes on!
- Group ingredients by liquids, solids etc.
- Have the adult control the blender while the kids pick their ingredients and carefully allow them to place them in the blender. This is a great chance to teach kids how to measure liquids!
- Blend! Add more liquids if it’s too dense or solids if it’s too runny.
- Have the kids decorate their smoothies by placing the freeze dried fruit on top.