Freeze Drying, The Process Explained
Ever wondered how freeze dried fruit is made, and why it’s different than dehydrated fruit? Check out the simple steps below:
- We start with fresh fruit, straight from the best growing regions of the world. Fruit is sorted, cleaned, and quickly frozen.
- Frozen fruit slices are placed through a vacuum chamber that gently removes water from the fruit by evaporating the ice, through a process called sublimation.
- During the water removing process, the cell structure as well as the nutrients of the fruit are maintained resulting in a delicious, delightfully light, and flavorful CRISP.
- The freeze dried fruit is packed and sealed in moisture proof packaging to ensure crispiness. 100% All Natural. No additives or preservatives.
Dehydrated Fruit Vs. Freeze Dried
It’s a common mistake that people think dehydrated fruit is the same as freeze dried. In reality making dehydrated fruit keeps more moisture in the fruit resulting in a chewier bite.
Freeze dried fruit has minimal moisture which results in a crispy, melt in your mouth texture. There are multiple ways to make dehydrated fruit at home while freeze dried requires machinery.
Why Freeze Dry – What Are The Benefits Of Freeze Dried Fruit?
- Freeze dried products require no preservatives and have a long shelf life. (Our fruit crisps have a 2 year shelf life with no artificial flavors or preservatives).
- The nutrition from the original fruit is maintained throughout the process leaving a low cal, low fat, and nutritious snack.
- You can feel good about snacking!
What Does Brothers All Natural Do With Freeze Dried Fruit?
We make allergy friendly, vegan, kosher, and non-GMO family friendly snacks. Our flavors include Apple, Apple Cinnamon, Strawberry Banana, Strawberry, Banana, Peach and Pear! We also have fruit clusters which provide a crunchy way to snack on freeze dried fruit.