You are sure to LOVE our Dark Chocolate Covered Freeze Dried Fruit!
Here are five things to know about Bittersweet Chocolate:
- Bittersweet chocolate is a sweetened form of dark chocolate that does NOT contain milk.
- Dark chocolate is most popular among men.
- More than twice as many women than men eat and crave chocolate.
- The first chocolate bar was produced by Cadbury in England in 1842.
- The word Chocolate comes from the Aztec word xocolatl, meaning, bitter water.
Eat Healthy. Live Healthy. Dark Chocolate Benefits:
Many people are unaware that chocolate is not just candy… it is a food that offers real health benefits and is a smart choice to add to your diet.
Some facts include:
- Chocolate protects against heart disease – similar to red wine, chocolate contains phenols.
- Raw cocoa has the highest antioxidant value of all natural foods in the world.
- Cocoa has a high content of sulfur; this mineral is good for nail and hair growth and nourishes your skin.
- Cocoa contains the amino acid tryptophan which creates serotonin. Serotonin is what creates positive feelings in the brain and helps to prevent depression.
- Dark chocolate has the same properties as an appetite suppressant and can help you lose weight.
History of Chocolate
The flavor capabilities of the cacao tree were unlocked over 2000 years ago in tropical rainforests. Chocolate can be traced back to the ancient Maya and Aztecs of Mesoamerica. These two groups used chocolate as a luxury drink where they ground the cocoa seeds into a paste and mixed that paste with hot water.
Europeans also discovered chocolate early on. The Spanish while on quests to the Americas for spices discovered the flavor of chocolate that we all know and love. Once the Spanish conquered the Aztecs, they brought this treat back with them to Spain and within a century this product and its popularity spread throughout the rest of Europe.
With the industrial Revolution came the invention of numerous new technologies and machines. These new tools would forever change the industry of chocolate and the way in which it is made. Before the industrial age, chocolate, like many other products was extremely time consuming, expensive and labor intensive to make. These machines allowed for chocolate and chocolate products to be made at a fraction of the time and cost. This made chocolate more mainstream, allowing people all over the globe to experience, love and enjoy it. One of the impacts of the Industrial Revolution on chocolate that still impacts us today is the improved texture, and as a result, the taste of chocolate products making them the creamy and rich way we know them to be today.
Like many products in the early 20th century, advertising campaigns began about chocolate. Making chocolate products something that people knew about, something they desired and something that consumers across America would purchase.
Today, more than 2000 years later since the discovery of the chocolate flavor, the industry fundamentals remain the same, the steps to make chocolate are the same, however the experiments of blending flavors and techniques continue to lead to new breakthroughs, new flavor intensities and new products for consumers to experience and enjoy.
We have partnered with Vigneri Chocolate, a third generation chocolatier, famous for their use of All-Natural ingredients for a delicious chocolate experience. Together with our crunchy, freeze dried fruit we have created a hand crafted masterpiece with a slight twist of texture.
Vigneri Chocolate separates itself from other chocolate companies because they are an All-Natural chocolate company, they use only the finest ingredients in their purest forms to provide you a healthy and delicious chocolate experience.
- All-Natural ingredients
- Hand crafted in New York
- No artificial coloring or flavoring
Have a taste of our Dark Chocolate Covered Freeze Dried Fruit!!